The Ultimate Loft Insulation Guide
The loft is an area that is perfect for a little bit of extra space in your home. Whilst it affords many benefits when it comes to storage or even creating another room, the amount of energy the loft uses can sometimes be neglected. In fact, up to a quarter of heat generated is actually lost through the roof, which can have a huge impact on your energy bills! A way of overcoming this is by having loft insulation, as this will help to trap the heat and prevent it from going outside. Having loft insulation installed means that you can save energy and spend less on your energy bills. At UK Energy Management, we have the tools to upgrade your home’s heating and insulation.
If you’re thinking of bringing loft insulation into your home or simply updating it, there are a few do’s and don’ts that you should consider before doing so. Here is your ultimate guide to loft insulation!
● Follow government guidance - although getting your loft insulated is an idea that has countless benefits, you need to ensure you’re following the rules and regulations of the building. Choosing not to will lead to improper loft insulation - making it a waste of money and effort!
● Check your current insulation - Every ten years or so, it is important to check the insulation of your home. If you are experiencing fluctuations in temperature and dampness is present, then this could mean that your current insulation needs replacing.
● Employ expert insulation installers - having experts handle your insulation means that you can be assured your loft is insulated properly. At UK Energy Management, we are a company that can provide your entire home with Government-funded loft insulation. We pride ourselves in making your home comfortable whilst saving you money in the process!
Don’t Do This:
● Avoid DIY Loft Insulation - DIY insulation should be avoided because the risk of something going wrong is so high. It is important to use the right equipment and to know where and how to insulate your loft. Therefore it is imperative that you enlist the help of professionals to carry out the job.
● Underestimate - One of the main things you should not ignore is the amount of energy that can be saved by properly insulating your loft. If you have no insulation, it is likely that the roof space is not energy efficient and is costing you a lot of money. With UK Energy Management’s Heat Retention Electric Storage Heaters, this can reduce your heating costs by around 30%.
If you are from a low-income household or have vulnerable people living with you, then you might be eligible for UK Energy Management’s loft insulation grant. If you believe that our loft insulation services could be the perfect solution to reducing your energy bills and making your home more comfortable, then get in touch with our team today!